Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Community Photo Challenge - Winter Blues

AOL Community Photo Challenge

This is my first attempt at the photo challenge so here goes, this was taken a couple of years ago it is the big lake at Castle Howard in York, North Yorkshire. It was completely iced over and covered in snow. I think the poor black swan had the winter blues.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good shot but it looks so cold. Helen

Anonymous said...

very nice.  
gina

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrr, that DOES look cold. Very nice photo--glad you decided to join the challenge.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Thats a nice shot, black swans are not very common here in NY.  It's a nice contrast with the snow.  

Glad you joined & yes, you did ALMOST everything right!..lol
SOmewhere in your entry it would be nice if you could add OUR link back to the challenge entry, this way people can go back & view other entries.  

Otherwise it looks great....Welcome!!!!
Marie

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture.  The poor swan looks a bit confused.  "I used to swim right here...what happened?  Man, my feet are cold".  I'm glad that you decided to play along with the challenge.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Aw...cute entry.  Well done!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh I like this one....poor bird cannot find water :( LOL.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Love this picture of the Lake and the Black Swan  and Castle Howard strange I am watching Brideshead Revisited just now on DVD but the weather is a bit nicer on that. Nice to see another entry from this side of the pond I am a bit further north than you in Perthshire.  Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/

Anonymous said...

Poor bird he's lost with all that snow and ice. Thanks for sharing the picture.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Surely that swan was happy when spring arrived!

Anonymous said...

Poor fella seems bewildered.
Great photo
connie

Anonymous said...

The poor guy seems lost and in need of shelter.  Nice photo.

Monica

Anonymous said...

What a neat photo!
Martha ~